use the benefits of first class German engineering
discover the benefits of the HEIGHT performance range
Extended boom unlocks new working-area dimensions
Extended jib with increased agility opens up new dimensions in versatility
Roomy working cage
RUTHMANN “Material winch” or "Lift-Up System"
diverse truck brands
Multifunctional support control for maximum efficiency
State-of-the-art, multi-bevelled boom technology
Solid performance even BELOW GROUND
An outstanding long telescoping upper boom
- Greater over/ behind operational capabilities
- Better performance when working below ground (to 24‘-7“)
- Increased lateral reach
Roomy, solid, and convenient working cage
- 2 X 90° cage rotation
- Hydraulically-extendable standard cage
Load moment indicator (LMI)
- Optimized lateral reach in all directions
- Fully-variable support system (all four outriggers are individually
- controlled) with automatic allocation at the job-site
- All popular makes
- All types of cabs
Jib (RÜSSEL®) has 180° swivel range
- Movable jib for enhanced agility
Increased working cage load capacity
- To 1,323 lbs
- Wide range of accessories includes RUTHMANN „Material winch“ or "Lift-Up System" for convenient loading/ lifting of objects
Optimized height to weight ratio
- Lighter with greater efficiency and agility.
- Greater lateral reach on a compact unit
- Less support load/pressure on weight-sensitive surfaces
- Increased mobility in traffic
- Access to areas (backstreets, passageways) that had previously been inaccessible
- 1,323 lbs cage load capacity.
- Telescoping main and upper boom with movable jib (RÜSSEL®)
made of high-strength steel.
- Generous cable carrier with ample room for additional cables
- All aerial work platforms in the HEIGHT performance-series
are made to accommodate economical base vehicles in their
- Four-wheel drive trucks are available for all models in the
- One of the best working height/total weight ratios in the
- Compact and agile design, for reduced height in travel position,
the upper boom and main boom are placed side by side.
- For shorter length in travel position, the working cage is stored
behind the driver’s cab.
- Load moment indicator (LMI) for maximum utilization of work
- Hydraulic telescoping working cage (to 12‘-6“).
Fully adjustable horizontal/vertical support mechanism with
good leveling capacity.
- Automatic, remote control stabilizing/leveling at the job site.
- Accurate, sensitive, and quick control of boom movements
through RUTHMANN’s own control system.
- Main control panel in working cage, secondary and outrigger
control at the rear of both sides of the vehicle for visual monitoring
of support procedure. All control panels are backlit and
- Displays on the main control panel in the working cage and
secondary/emergency control panels on the chassis provide
all key operational data (height, lateral reach, cage load, and
- Variable working cage load with real time display of current
- 180° swivel range of jib (RÜSSEL®).
- Information and fault diagnosis system
- Emergency lowering device: electrically from the working cage
and hydraulically/mechanically from the chassis.
- Four outrigger pads with brackets.
- Engine start/shut-off from all control panels.
Great Variety of Chassis
mountable on most class comercial chassis
This powerful truck-mounted aerial platforms can be mounted onto numerous chassis from a great variety of different manufacturers. Four–wheel drive chassis can also be utilized.
Chassis types available
+ all common makes
+ standard gear or 4 x 4 wheel gear
+ divers cab variants
Application & Possibilities
The brand new Skybird 215I is the result of a unique collaboration between TIME and Ruthmann. The base unit is a 5 stage telescopic Ruthmann while the insulated upper boom and cage have been developed by TIME.
Skybird 215I specifications
- ANSI A92.2 Cat. A (500 kV)
- 66.0 m working height
- 32.0 m outreach (at 100 kg)
- 28.0 m outreach (at 600 kg)
- 600 kg combined cage + material handler capacity
- 300 kg material handler capacity
- 500° non cont. turret rotation
- Fiber optic controls
- As the only unit in its category, the Skybird 215I has a telescopic upper boom which allows the unit to access a greater range of worksites.
- The outreach is variable depending on the cage load and features an impressive 32.0 metres of outreach at loads below 100 kg. This feature gives the Skybird 215I the largest working area in its class.
- The upper and lower control panels feature fiber optic controls with 2 joysticks and a cleartext display with sensor outputs and error diagnostics.
- Several automatic functions are available including the memory function (in which the platform remembers a fixed position) and auto setup and packing programmes.
“THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX TO GET INSIDE NEW PROFITS”
- Working height 108 ft
- Horizontal reach 69 ft
- Below CDL at 24,900 lbs
- The new dimension of access
- flexibility in Nothern America
- No CDL - drive with regular US driver´s license
- Width in travel posistion 8 ft 3 in
- Max. outrigger width only 12 ft 5 in - only one side blocked
- Weight 24,900 lbs
- Working height 108 ft
- Horizontal reach 69 ft
- Basket size 67 x 34 inch
- Jib rotation 185°
- Turret rotation 500° (2 x 250°)
- Basket load capacity 700 lbs
- Basket rotation 2 x 90°
- Set up inclination 5°
- Easy basket entry
- Auto outrigger setting and leveling
- Chosen for its durability
- Chosen for its extensive service network nationwide
- Powered with 6.7 liter Power Stroke Diesel
- 6 speed automatic transmission
- Very well-known and proven in North America
- Compact and easy to drive
- No CDL
- Reduced logistic effort
- Fast set-up time
- High mobility
- Longer outreach in comparison to other access segments
Small outrigger foot print, including variable positioning and auto leveling system
- Self drive unit - no CDL required
- Eliminates a second driver
below are some recent posts
Contact RUTHMANN North America L.P.
Tom Goyer, Vice President
Ruthmann North America L.P.
1230 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Cell. Ph. +1 513-678-8101
We are looking forward answering your questions
Contact for Skybird 215-I
North & South America
Contact person: Greg DeJonghe
P.O. Box 20368
Waco, Texas 76702-0368
Toll Free: 800-825-1085
aerial platform truck mount specialist since 1954
Over 12,000 aerial work platforms in use around the world. More than 230 "Height perfomance"-units sold worldwide.
More than 38 different models to choose from with working heights from 36 – 328 ft.
The unique movable jib (RÜSSEL®) provides increased agility and the outstanding long upper boom unlocks exciting new work area dimensions.
Wide range of equipment options:
With approx. 200 additional features to choose from, all models can be equipped to suit your individual needs.